Archive for branding yourself
Branding yourself solidifies you in your business niche.
It can establish you and your business as a name that can be trusted. Here are some tips to help you build brand success.
What is Branding Yourself About?
When you see the swoosh logo, what does it make you think of? And how about Coca-Cola?
You know the tagline, don’t you? And if we say “You’re in good hands with -” you can probably finish the sentence.
All of these show how a particular brand has influenced not only society but also our idea of what these certain products should be.
For instance, when it comes to photocopying, people use the term “Xeroxed.” Actually, Xerox is a brand name that has become synonymous with the act of photocopying. How is that for brand success?
Branding Yourself as the Brand
Who’s to say that you won’t become as big as Xerox one day? For any business, you start in the same place – building your brand.
Here are some tips to get the branding yourself ball rolling.
* Be real with your customers – Anyone can create a “smoke and mirrors” advertising campaign. You can promise the world and some will believe you. But, when you don’t deliver, your credibility is shot. One way to be real is to put a face on your business. Add your photo or a cartoon likeness. Speak plainly and in simple terms with your customers.
* Branding yourself by making good on your promises – The problem with many companies is poor customer service. If you promise to send a confirmation email after purchase or an answer to an information request, then do so in the time promised.
* Sell your product – Inspire customers to buy by giving them a reason to use your product or service. Describe how their life will benefit from having your product in it. Help the customer make an emotional connection to your product.
* Branding yourself by promoting your product in as many places as possible – When new products come out, do a press release. Promote it on your social networking site, your blog and your website. Create YouTube videos and also podcasts about your products to increase the talk. Don’t forget offline promotion as well.
* Be consistent with your brand – Whatever you decide that branding yourself will stand for, be true to that. Use people and ideas that are in line with your brand to help identify it for your audience.
* Target your customers – Now that you know your brand, you have to connect with the people who “need” what you offer. Use keywords such as Affiliate Marketing to draw your customers to you. Create a list of potentials and then stay in contact with them.
What does your product stand for? Take some time and create your brand. Then, provide quality products that connect with your customers so they almost sell themselves.
If you liked this article about branding yourself let me know by leaving a comment below, or you can like or tweet it if you want.